How to remove the My Site and My Links in SharePoint

If you want to remove the two links at the top of the page, My Site and My Links, follow these steps:

Start the Central Administration web application.

Click the "Shared Services Administration" link.

Locate the SSP that is managing the My Sites web site and click on it.

Go to User profiles and My Sites ->  Personalization services permissions.

Select the Authenticated Users group and click on Modify Permissions of Selected Users.

To disable My Site, un-check the Create personal site checkbox.

To disable My Links, un-check the Use personal features checkbox.

 

How to determine which databases SharePoint uses

In order to tell which databases your SharePoint 2007 / WSS 3.0  installation uses, you will have to look at multiple locations.

Content databases

Open Central Administration and go to Application Management  and then Content databases
Review for all Site Collection URLs

Shared Services Databases

Open Central Administration,  Application Management, Manage this Farm’s Shared Services
There you will find
SSP Database
and
Search Database

Configuration database

Look in the registry at:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\Secure\ConfigDB

The type or namespace name ‘UserRegistrationContext’ could not be found

I have just downloaded and started to play with Silverlight 4 in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2.

In attempt to create a Silverlight Business Application, i got this error message:

Error    1    The type or namespace name ‘UserRegistrationContext’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    h:\Personal\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BusinessApplication1\BusinessApplication1\Views\Login\RegistrationForm.xaml.cs    22    13    BusinessApplication1
 

I also got this warning:

Warning    1    Assembly ‘h:\Personal\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BusinessApplication1\BusinessApplication1.Web\bin\BusinessApplication1.Web.dll’ could not be loaded and will be ignored.
Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///h:\Personal\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BusinessApplication1\BusinessApplication1.Web\bin\BusinessApplication1.Web.dll’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)    BusinessApplication1
 

This was not good, and searching it using Bing didn’t get any useful information.

As it turns out, the reason was that I have created the project on a network drive. Creating a Business Application on the local driver worked. It seems that the reason was that the project on the network drive was not trusted, and therefore the reference to the Web project failed.